How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 17 year old child is graduation a year early form high school.

This answer was rated:

My 17 year old child is graduation a year early form high school. Child will be 18 this September. Child is going to Utah from Oregon and live with my father (Grandpa) in June (close to collage). Who pays child support to whom after she moves? And for how long?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Child support continues as per the current court order until or unless the court modifies the support order

Either parent or the grandfather may petition the court for modification to permit your daughter to reside with your father. Typically the court would order both parents to pay child support to your father until your child reaches the age of 18. Utah Code 788 – 12 – 219.

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.
Ellen and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you very much for the "excellent service" rating and the bonus!

If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "For FiveStarLaw"