How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a lawyer files documents with the court asking for us to

Customer Question

If a lawyer files documents with the court asking for us to provide information for discovery but has a typo with the wrong date (3 weeks after the hearing). Do we have to acknowledge that we know it is wrong? He has not acknowledged it yet. (May 2nd, VS May 22nd)
Please advise.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

What you are describing would likely be deemed by the courts, if found, as a 'harmless' and a 'minor' error since this appears to have been a typo (the same number types twice) rather than an intentional error. You do not have to acknowledge that it is wrong, you can simply go by the premise that there is no error with the documentation and pretend as if the proper and correct date was put into the documentation. That would likely be welcomed by the courts as this error does not appear to have been made with intent or malice but rather simple error.

Good luck.

Related Family Law Questions