How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118105
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Received an email for more information. Sorry, that I have

Customer Question

Received an email for more information. Sorry, that I have not answered. I'm a full time security officer and part time college student. My name isXXXXX asking for assistance to have a relationship with my two daughters. Oldest is 19 and youngest is 17. I was denied visitations by their dad beginning in 2009 to present. I'm not sure what is needed extra from me pertaining to extra information. I wish for a relationship with my daughters and no more interruptions from their dad and step mom.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Was there a custody and visitation order in place? Did you ever go to court between 2009 and now with a motion for contempt against the father for not allowing you visitations as ordered?

Are you looking for legal information or strictly relationship advice?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've informed JustAnswer that The Divorce Decree states that I can not deny support payment and the father of my two daughters can not deny me visitations which he has been doing. I want this stopped and have a relationship with my daughters and their step mom to stop thinking she can tell me that I can't see my girls. Or my girls don't want to see me. My daughters dad allows his wife to treat me with disrespect in front of our two daughters. My daughters are tired of all the bickering and so am I.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your response.

If you have a court order that he is not complying with, your sole recourse is that you should be filing a motion in court as a motion for an order to show cause for contempt of court and provide your evidence of his not complying with the court order.

If he is denying you the visitation, you cannot stop support (which I am sure you know), but if you prove in court he is denying visitation as a penalty for this in your motion for contempt, you can ask the court modify custody and grant you the physical custody based on his intentional and willful disobedience to the court's order.

This is your real only option legally at this point if he will not change his behavior.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”