Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have been arrested for traffic violations a number of times

as well as a larceny...
I have been arrested for traffic violations a number of times as well as a larceny six and risk of injury to a minor none the less I have been very sick both physically and I am bipolar which supports the iratic behavior buto not feel he should be given to my ex husband whom he does not know has not been around for 2 years and he lives in Oregon my son states he does not want to leave Connecticut is my ex husband going to win custod in are we most recent custody battle I can prove that I'm physically very ill as well as a bipolar all of which I am seeking active treatment and aggressive treatment and even with those things against me I am still able tofunction as two raising my son in the best and most stable way so as to promote my sons developmental social psychological and education related growth whereas my ex does none of the above nor does he have any level of communication with me the nearly comes to Connecticut twice a year and most often does not see my son because we are in court and he makes the man that are unreasonable such as remove my son from school at Montessori to remove my son from his activities none of which he contribute financially to and he claims he makes no money making 30 percent of the income leaving me having to supply 70 percent of the income with the disability Ivan curd my right arm hand addressed are paralyzed although it is believed by doctors that aggressive physical therapy will allow a hundred percent recovery my question is will I lose custody of my son will they make my son move 4000 miles away to a place that he is unfamiliar with and two people that do not parents him right my ex husband lives with his parents as well and for income builds toys sold on eBay instead of working two and three jobs because he does not have responsibilities outside working he chooses not to make money which is irresponsible and chooses to live dependent on his parents adults acquire autonomy to function and grow and he does nothing nonetheless do you feel I will lose custody of my son
4/30/2013
Michael J, Esq.

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

Has he filed for custody? What is the current legal arrangement and what is the status of the current case?

Customer:

he has filedhe has filed and we have begun to a interview with both family relations and aGAL for my son as well as appearing in court and the judge felt it necessary to extend 3 months to review the case and collect information I am attending the interview with a family relations woman that does not like me and is judgemental and makes inappropriate comments so we're still collecting information no more actual appearances have occurred he has filed a number of contempt orders none the less he has not been able to secure them and has had to refrain from personal he has turned around and just missed the contempt order every time and in the past he has lost all of his filing toward full custody this is the third time he's appealing for 3rd for full custody and both prior cases have been in my favorfamily relations is asking that I sign documents releasing information from doctors and therapists and I am NOT comfortable I feel that that is private I do not mind if they seek information about my attendance and my status but specific notes in there be sectioned and specifics on my diagnosis I feel a private so she is pressuring me and has asked me a number of times very rude in her tone and has asked a number of people with whom representing pressing them into making me to send Wendy Tucson news releases as I feel that they will be detrimental to my case or shall I sign them against my better judgement I want to prevent these arrests as it since related to my bipolar that I am actively pursuing and that I am a person transcending all of this negativity that I haven't heard in my life and continue nonetheless with all of the strife in my life to actively raise my son who is wonderful polite developmentally ahead articulate weeds rights draws um interprets is the motions and articulate them he is phenomenal and that is a testimony to my ability to raise him

SoloLawyer :

Thank you. Give me a moment to review.

Customer:

Icurrently I have my son for the entire school year except for two weeks at Christmas he has my son for Christmas and New Years and he has my son for the majority of the summer I have him 10 months my ex has him for two I do not like the two months is too long for 4 year old child keep your grass is when he returns as a treat him like a baby he said he does not like wearing diapers to bed he uses a potty and has for two years they are germ a phobe it and make him wash and changes clothes 3 times a day he is quiet while he's there and he is the most talkative person I know and that is symptomatic of aggression they say he's happy and he's not because they don't know him silence for him is coping it is not complete compliance and happy child

SoloLawyer :

Thank you. From what you have mentioned, I don't see why the Judge would grant this third attempt at full custody, unless something has drastically changed since the last Order was made. Custody is determined by looking at the "best interests of the children". The last Order ruled that it was in the child's best interests to stay with you. So, unless there has been a large change, he probably won't succeed this time either.

Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer