TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My girlfriend has been separated for more than two years, she

My girlfriend has been separated for more than two years, she currently lives in xx but is moving in with me in xx in the next two months, what is the quickest uncontested cheapest way to help her get divorced? Please help I love her... We're HS sweet hearts I want to spend forever with her!

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
Will the divorce be contested or noncontested? What is the reason for the divorce (e.g., irreconcilable differences, adultery, abuse, etc.)? Are there any kids? What kind of marital property is there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello, there is no property, no kids, it will be noncontested and it is irreconcilable differences, basically she is trying to find the cheapest way to file the paperwork and get out of her marriage he lives in xx she lives in xx. Thanks

Hi again. Since there is not marital property to split, no kids, and the divorce will not be contested, your GF can likely succeed in getting the divorce without an attorney in xx before she moves. She can use the Request for Divorce found here: http://www.tncourts.gov/sites/default/files/docs/final_form_1_request_for_divorce_ia_draft_0.pdf The instructions for filling out the Request for Divorce is found here: http://www.tncourts.gov/sites/default/files/docs/revised_march_2012_-_agreed_divorce_instructions.pdf It is then filed in your GF's local Circuit Court. As you will see when reviewing the instructions, there are other forms to file as well, such as the divorce decree (which must be signed by both parties). Once the papers are filed, your GF must wait 60 days, then contact the court clerk for a hearing. At the hearing, the judge should grant the divorce. So, it can theoretically be done in 2-3 months. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!