How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9337
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need to get a certified copy of divorce, then authenticate

This answer was rated:

i need to get a certified copy of divorce, then authenticate by secretary of state, then send to embassy before i can get marry a foreinger
i am not in Houston; however, the divorce decree in sacremento, i wonder if i must

authenticate the certified copy of diroce with secretar of state in California o secretary of state in texas? can i do it in texas because it is closer
The California decree can only be authenticated or apostilled by the California Secretary of State.

The California Secretary of State provides authentication of public official signatures on documents to be used outside the United States of America. The country of destination determines whether the authentication is an Apostille or Certification.

for instructions.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the Excellent rating, and thank you very much for the bonus!

Related Family Law Questions