How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9396
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have not seen or heard from my estranged husband in over

This answer was rated:

I have not seen or heard from my estranged husband in over twenty years. I went online and found an address and phone number where he used to live. The woman that answered the phone said she is his one of his ex wives and he has been married and divorced twice since I last saw him twenty years ago. She does not know where he is now. I cannot find any record of divorce where he divorced me. What do I do. My employer is asking for a copy of the divorce record.
I am sorry to hear this.

If you were never a party to a divorce case, you are still legally married and his later marriages were both legally void as bigamous.

You can get a free consultation from some of the divorce lawyers listed by location here.

I hope this information is helpful.

N Cal Attorney and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for accepting my answer.