How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my 19 year old moved out on her own with a friend against my

This answer was rated:

my 19 year old moved out on her own with a friend against my wishes and am now being taken to court for child support from her and the department of social services here in n.y. she decided she couldnt live with my rules AM i entitled to pay child support, even though basically she left on her own

Thank you for contacting with your question. I will provide legal information related to your question.

Yes in NY since she is under 21 you can be ordered to pay child support even if she is the one who decided to leave if she is unable to pay her bills on her own. NY has very child friendly support laws.

legaleagle and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions