How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask xavierjd Your Own Question
xavierjd, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3400
Experience:  20 yrs exp. in divorce, custody, visitation & support .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
xavierjd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just got a order of continuance for a summary Judgement.

This answer was rated:

I just got a order of continuance for a summary Judgement.

Signature must track compliant of divorced filed on 7-13-11

My guess is that my ex's lawyers signature is what's missing from the motion I filed as if was on that dates motion.

My ex and I agreed and filed notarized agreements. What do I need to do. I have no lawyer of record. After two years he filed a motion to withdraw.

Her lawyer is officially in play but we tried to get divorced to stop the madness
Thank you for using It will be my pleasure to assist you today.

What state are you in?

I want to make sure that I understand your question. Do you and your husband both want a divorce? Have you agreed to a property settlement? Do you have children? If so, have you agreed to a custody, parenting time and child support agreement?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am the defendant and we have agreed on everything and have signed notarized papers that include a separation agreement and a summary judgement motion which contains all the agreed upon details....yes we want a divorce and meet all requirements...


I don't have a lawyer any more. He filed a motion of withdraw, another story... She technically does have a lawyer of record....

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

this is in NC

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

if a couple agrees and signs a separation agreement and a judgement summary that covers all aspects of the divorce, does her lawyer of record, have to sign the motion for the summary judgment, as she signed the original complainant?


That is what I think is happening....

Hi Hal,

Your ex can send her attorney a letter indicating that she no longer wishes him/her to represent her in the divorce action. In her letter, she can also request that the attorney file a Stipulation to Withdraw from Representation. Both she and the attorney can sign it. Either your ex or her attorney can file the original with the court. If she files the original, she must send a copy of the Stipulation that was entered (signed by the judge).

Once that is completed, you can get divorced. You just need to make sure that all of the appropriate documents have been completed and filed with the court. You can go to the court and request to see your file so that you know what is needed to finalize your divorce.

Below is a link as to how to file a Summary Judgment Divorce in North Carolina, along with the documents (which can be edited and printed). d=2&ved=0CEAQFjAB&,d.aWM

I hope you find this information useful.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you are satisfied with my answer PLEASE RATE IT AS "EXCELLENT" or ANOTHER POSITIVE RATING. If you have follow up questions, please ask before rating my answer. Again, my goal is to provide you with excellent service.

Thanks for your business!

xavierjd and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions