How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a three year old, the father never helped with money,&

This answer was rated:

I have a three year old, the father never helped with money,& he saw our son only once when he turned 2yrs. He moved to Florida a few months ago & we live in Virginia. I recently got sole custody and applied for child support & last week he offered to send money. Should I take the money? I'm sure its not more than $100-200.00 will it affect child support decisions and lower the amount because he will prove that he gave me money willingly, even though its only once?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
Hello! The money that he gives will just be credited against any payment that is ordered. I would accept the money so that he cannot come into court and state that he offered and you refused. What you will need to argue is that you still want an order for the full amount and the 100-200 he gives you can be credited against the first payment.

Hope that helps. If you have further questions please ask.
AttyCBradford and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you!!

you are very welcome

Related Family Law Questions