How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

process of divorce, have a temp evidentiary custody hearing

This answer was rated:

process of divorce, have a temp evidentiary custody hearing in July. Wife moving out middle of April so have a temp custody/visitation hearing on April 15 then the evidaentiary hearing in July for custody.

can I present or my lawyer letters from oncologist that state I am physically able to parent daughter and one letter from psychologist stating I am mentally stable to refute there assertions that I am unable to parent our child due to my health and mental issues.

Mind you wife and her lawyer are "allowing" me to take our daughter this weekend for 4 days to AZ for family reunion. I live in Iowa

Thank you

Unfortunately, the letters you have described would be considered hearsay. As such, they would be inadmissible in court. The purpose of this is to permit the opposing side to cross examine the witness, they clearly cannot cross examine a letter. If you want the statements of the oncologist and psychologist to come into evidence, then you will need to have them come to court to present live testimony.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions