How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to evict cheating live-in girlfriend of 3yrs from my home?

Customer Question

How to evict cheating live-in girlfriend of 3yrs from my home? The original agreement was,she could stay with me until she found a place. Which became relationship, an agreement that when shestarted receiving ssi she would chip in 300 a month to help with bills. That lasted two and one half months. Then she started stealing my medications and money, also discovered her cheating w/2ex's .
Thats about first year and half. Progresses to staying gone 3,4 days, week 2weeks at a time. Refuses to move, says this is her home, she doesn't have to move. I called police reply was they can't make her move. Going crazy What do I do
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your said situation.

Do you rent or own your home?

What county is your home located in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I own home, no mortgage. Odessa,Texas
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Dear Jerry,

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, since your girlfriend has been living with you for a while, she is considered a month to month tenant, even though she is not paying you any rent and you would have to legally evict her by pursuing formal legal eviction process with the local court.

It would be a very good idea to hire a local landlord / tenant law attorney who can help you pursue an eviction against your girlfriend from the beginning to the end and can make sure that it is done in the legally sufficient and efficient way.

If you do decide to handle the eviction process by yourself and without help of an attorney you can find a step by step instructions at the link below:

Once again I am sorry about your difficult situation and I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Dear Jerry,

Do you have any related follow up questions?