How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask xavierjd Your Own Question
xavierjd, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3400
Experience:  20 yrs exp. in divorce, custody, visitation & support .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
xavierjd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have some issue about my child support case. I am a custodial

This answer was rated:

I have some issue about my child support case. I am a custodial parent and I filed to get child support from FL child support enforcement. they owe me child support since after my daughter turned 18yrs old, which was Dec. I went to the office and returned the information they asked for, before the deadline, about my daughter being a full time student . But. after returning it, I still have a problem with not receiving the child support. So I went back to the office and talked to them about this problem, but they did not help well. So I called the FL hotline customer servive but they gave me a bad attitude and hung up on me when I was still talking to her. I talked to NCP and NCP state child support enforcement, they told me they are already sent child supports to FL. and now, NCP got a notice of past due. The money is floating some where in FL. Please tell me what should I do and who should I talk and fix this problem.
thank you, Yumi
Thank you for using It will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Was child support ordered as a result of a divorce decree?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, but we divorced in a different country and we did not have any child support agreement. So, I moved to Florida and that's why I used FL child support enforcement

Hi Yumi,

Thanks for the information.

I want to look up a couple of things for you. I will be back with an answer asap.

Thanks for your patience.
Hi Yumi,

I apologize for the delay. I was finishing assisting another customer.

What does "NCP" stand for?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

non custodial parent


On March 5, 2012, the Tampa Bay Tribune published an article that deals with the same type of issues that you are encountering in collecting your support.

As the article indicates, Ann Coffin oversees the child-support offices across the state. The Department of Revenue has 2,300 employees in 41 offices that disburse $1.6 billion a year to 1.1 million families in Florida.

Coffin said federal law requires every state to have an automated child-support system, and the department is struggling while updating its computers.

Previously, caseworkers reviewed every case to initiate any action, she said, but the new computer system scans every case every night and can automatically trigger activity. And there lies the glitch, she said, as 93 percent of the disbursements are done electronically.

Below is the contact information for Ann Coffin.

(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/> Ann Coffin, Program Director
Child Support Enforcement
Florida Department of Revenue
P. O. Box 8030
Tallahassee, FLNNN-NN-NNNNbr/>850-717-7000

If you wish to file a complaint, it should include, in the beginning, all of the child support information, including name, case no., worker and/or any other identifying information.

Then, you may wish to file your complaint in numbered paragraphs. Each paragraph (start at the beginning date of your issue) should contain a separate allegation regarding your complaint. This will make it easy to understand.

For example:

1. On xxx date, I filed to get child support from the Florida (name division) for my daughter (name, birth date and social security number.)

2. On xxx date you physically went to (name and address of the office) with the information requested. Name the information.

3. Name the person that you spoke with (if you know) and the response that you received.

4. Name each of the persons and offices that you spoke with (in individual paragraphs) and their responses to you.

5. Indicate that you have NOT received ANY assistance in obtaining child support.

6. Child support is owed to you in the amount of xxx.

7. To date, you have been told that the monies are "somewhere in the system."

8. To date you have NOT RECEIVED ANY SUPPORT

9. It is the responsibility of the Department of Revenue to ensure that child support is received in a timely manner.

10. That all responses from your employees have been rude, unhelpful and unacceptable.

11. Your child is ENTITLED TO SUPPORT and that it is YOUR responsibility, as head of the Division, to ensure that your employees assist persons with an appropriate attitude and with appropriate answers. If the employee(s) do not have answers at their fingertips, they should take the telephone numbers of the person calling, investigate the problem, and get back to the person with an answer.

12. Your child is being deprived of monies that are needed for her support.

13. You are ENTITLED to have your problem with your child support IMMEDIATELY resolved, and EXPECT that your office will do so forthwith.

14. You request that your Complaint be addressed and that you receive a response from the Department of Revenue within 10 days of receipt of your complaint.

Include any other information that you believe is relevant to your individual case. Again, do it in individual paragraphs.

Sign and date your complaint. You may wish to send your Complaint by Certified Mail, return receipt requested.

You may want to Cc the NCP, your case worker and the Governor. Send them all copies and keep a copy for yourself.

I hope you find this information useful.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT AS EXCELLENT SERVICE or another positive rating. If you have follow up questions, please ask.

Thanks for your business.

xavierjd and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

You may also wish to Cc and send a copy of your complaint to the Florida Attorney General's office, as well.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was think about to go to child support enforcement office tomorrow morning and talk to someone who charging the office.

so should I still go there to talk them? or not to talk them anymore


Hi Yumi,

You may wish to speak to the child support enforcement office and ask to speak to the manager. Maybe you can get some straight answers!

If you can't get an answer, then go ahead with the complaint. In fact, even if the manager can track down your money, you may wish to file a complaint anyway. You can indicate your story and how you were treated and request that an investigation be conducted into customer service at the local and state offices.

BUT, you may also wish to complement the manager of the local office (if she is professional, tried to help you (even if not successful) or if she was successful. That good report could be placed into her personnel file.

I wish you luck.

And, thank you SO much for the "excellent service" rating and for the generous bonus! Both are GREATLY appreciated!

If you have any questions in the future, you can specifically request me as the expert.

Thanks again, and best wishes.


Related Family Law Questions