Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

is there a way someone can file a restraining order against

is there a way someone can file a restraining order against me to not call his wife if I find out he is sleeping with my wife
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
If you are contacting and harassing him about the situation, he could seek a restraining order against you for no contact against him. But in order for the wife to be included on the RO, she typically would have to join in the petition and be a party for the RO.
.
But if you have had no contact with his wife, then he would only be able to file a restraining order on his own behalf.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did not contact either of them but looked at their profile on "linkedin" which is a networking website

Well, then I would opine that neither of them would have legal grounds to file for a restraining order at this point. You have to actually be contacting them after they have told you to stop or harassing them in order for a judge to grant a restraining order.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.