How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118728
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Unfounded Accusations - Respondent in my case continues to

This answer was rated:

Unfounded Accusations - Respondent in my case continues to make accusations that I am self employed and am hiding income in my company for child support. She has the Corporation Register information verifying that I am minority shareholder and she has been provided with full federal tax returns and record of business expenses. My company retains no earnings each year and she hasn't made any accusations that any of the expenses increase my income.

How can I motion to prevent her from continuing to make these accusations? She has been doing this for 7+ years and it confuses the issue during each hearing and adds unnecessary motions.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The only thing you can do at this point is file a motion to quash her claims as they are being brought without any evidence or support. You can also file a motion for sanctions for her signing and submitting unsubstantiated pleadings to the court and seek monetary damages such as attorney's fees and your costs for having to continue to fight the allegations she keeps raising on the same issue without any evidence supporting those allegations.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It called Motion to Quash Claims - and if granted will prevent her from making claims of hiding money without evidence - correct?

Motion to quash would get the court to throw out those claims, in order to prevent her form continuing to make these baseless claims you file a motion for sanctions with the motion to quash and you explain how many times she has brought the same charges without evidence and that they are baseless and ask the court to issue an order preventing her from continuing to raise the same issue as part of the sanctions against her in addition to awarding you costs and attorney's fees for having to continue to deal with her baseless allegations.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you