How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9413
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please give me the name and phone number of a retired Jag officer

This answer was rated:

Please give me the name and phone number of a retired Jag officer practing family law in the Bay Area

Your interest in the pension basically equals: years of marriage during service, over years of service, times 1/2.

For example if he was in the service for 5 years prior to a 10 year marriage and then served another 5 years, the community is entitled to 1/2 the pension and you would be entitled to 1/2 the community interest,


We can not recommend a specific attorney.

If you want a former JAG or a lawyer who is licensed in military courts, you can find them listed by location at

However, pensions are commonly divided in dissolution of marriage cases whether or not they are military pensions. Military courts do not hear divorce cases, they are heard in California Superior Court.

You can get a free consultation from some of the dissolution of marriage attorneys listed by location at

There is an overview of the relevant laws posted here.

I hope this information is helpful.

N Cal Attorney and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for accepting my answer.