How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My suppose daughter is 11 now. Last year I had a out of court

This answer was rated:

My suppose daughter is 11 now. Last year I had a out of court DNA test. She's not my kid. Also me and her mother was going thru divorce at that time. She put me on birth certificate. She has been with her real father for the pastv6 years. Now she's wanting child support from me. Received court papers Friday. What should I do.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer.


You will need to contest the child support request and contest paternity. The court will presume you are the father of the child if you were married at the time of birth. Through a paternity test you may be able to overcome that presumption. You should also be aware that courts have also been hesitant to illegitimize children. In this case since the mother has been with the biological father you may get more favorable consideration. Since you know who the father you can ask (petition) the court to have the real father submit to a paternity test.


Given the long term consequences of child support you would be best served hiring local counsel to advocate for you. on the support issue. Courts will extend greater credibility to you if your cases is properly handled.


If you found this answer useful please ACCEPT my answer; press the appropriate quality of service button of 3 or greater. This is needed so I can get credit for my answer. If you have follow up questions please ask.


This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.




Jack R. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you