How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my child and I live in texas and the non-custodian parent

This answer was rated:

If my child and I live in texas and the non-custodian parent lives in California and im applying for child support, Does there bah and bas get calculated into the child support for Texas?


My name isXXXXX'm a licensed attorney (State Bar of Texas). Glad to try and help out.

I'm pleased to share the following information with you. Yes, both are considered sources of income and are included in the calculations. Texas Family Code §§ 154.061, 154.062 and TFC 154.123. Texas is considered to be a liberal state in this regard. In other words, this is good news for one in your shoes, I'm happy to say.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

LawHelpNow and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.


Ben, J.D.