How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer Lori Your Own Question
Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2161
Experience:  Divorce, custody and child support attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawyer Lori is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

pending divorce, husband only wants to pay $100 per month child

This answer was rated:

pending divorce, husband only wants to pay $100 per month child support, wife agree, there is one minor

will the court approve $100, husband has no job

or husband MUST pay 20% of minimum wage

Lawyer Lori :

Good morning. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be the professional assisting you this morning.

Lawyer Lori :

You are correct the minimum child support, per the state guidelines, is 20% of minimum wage based upon a 40 hour week which in this case would be approximately $250 per month..

Lawyer Lori :

However, generally, if both parents agree to a difference amount, the court will accept their agreement. But, if the custodial parent (the wife here) is receiving any state assistance, such as TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), then the state may insist on the full amount.

Lawyer Lori :

Please let me know if I can provide you with any further information.

Lawyer Lori and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you