How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Arizona with my 2 underage children. My ex has joint

This answer was rated:

I live in Arizona with my 2 underage children. My ex has joint custody, but to date has not paid any child support for the last 5 years since we have been divorced. I want to take my kids out of State for a family vacation (California) but have no idea where my ex is living and no way to contact him. He of course does not want me to know because of the child support situtation. Do I need permission from a judge to be able to take my children on vacation since I cannot find my ex?

No, there is nothing you need to do to be able to take the children on a vacation. Many judgments will include language that the parent must provide the other parent will an itinerary or maybe even obtain their consent in advance. Here though, where the father has been absent, there is no need to even attempt to obtain his permission.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions