How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in the state of nevada does the earner in a realationship have

This answer was rated:

in the state of nevada does the earner in a realationship have to susport the other if they leave unmarried
Could you please clarify, when you wrote "leave unmarried", do you mean "live unmarried", as in cohabitating?
Ben, J.D.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes cohabitating

with a child not asking about child susport

Hello again,
My name isXXXXX'm a licensed attorney. Glad to try and help out.
No. There is no such duty whatsoever imposed by the law. Here's how this works. Married spouses do have certain duties and rights, including financial support. By statute, those same rights and obligations are generally carried over to registered domestic partnerships as well. This is all governed by Nevada Revised Statutes 122A and 123. However, this is not the case with those casually living together, meaning not either lawfully married or registered. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is there is no such duty, period.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.
I truly hope all works out for you.
Take care,
Ben, J.D.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

then can a judge order me to let her live in my house andmak me move out and pay all the bills for that house while i have the custidy of my child
paying to live in anthor house


Hello again,
Thanks for writing back.
Can you please clarify, are you saying a Judge has issued such an Order?
Any brief details would be helpful and appreciated.
Thanks again!
Ben, J.D.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
he he ordered that so that she would have a place to stay when she brought the child back in for the emergency hearing temporary after the emergency hearing I got custody of my son and he is still order that I let her live in my house untilled the next hearing that has not been set yet
Hello again,
Thank you for the explanation. I'm very sorry for your situation.
Your original question asked about support, which is a very different matter from a domicile or dwelling. In other words, even with a marriage or a registered domestic partnership, the Court does have the power to do as you've described. This would even be the case of a traditional landlord-tenant relationship. I would love to say otherwise, but that would be a lie, and I feel you deserve to know the truth.
With an Order already have been issued, you're subject to obey it or risk being held in contempt. This is regardless of whether or not the Order is ultimately upheld or overturned by a higher Court. If you want to challenge the Order, you would need to confer with a local attorney. You could use the following service, free of charge, without having to leave home to so do.
State Bar of Nevada Lawyer Referral and Information Service
Best regards,
Ben, J.D.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
even though she it took off and bake a to the house from sis for over 14 days which is considered abandonment of the place and that die she tried to stay in Montana and want to live there instead of living here and I did not kick her out how she left
Hello there,
I'm not quite sure what more to say, but if I'm understanding correctly, an Order has been entered by the Court. With that being the case, the only way to properly address it is to consult with a local lawyer to see if an appeal is feasible. I have every sympathy for you, please believe me, but I have no means of changing a Judge's Order through the Internet. I'm sorry the law is not entirely favorable, and I have provided you with a free referral resource. If you have related questions, please just use "reply" to write back.

Kind regards,
Ben, J.D.
LawHelpNow and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.


Ben, J.D.