Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

is it required by law that i respond with answers to standard

family law interrogatories for original...
is it required by law that i respond with answers to standard family law interrogatories for original or enforcement proceedings
3/8/2013
stevexo
stevexo, Family Law Attorney
31 years of family law litigation. Understanding of your concerns,and a good legal knowledge base. Hi glad to help. Unless the question calls for an answer that is the subject of a criminal proceeding and you have a fifth amendment privilege, or the answer calls for privileged information, then they must be answered. Also if the questions are not relevant to any of the issues involved they would not have to be answered.But under normal circumstances if they are not answered, the other party would file a motion to compel the answer, and then if you did not respond they would get a rule to show cause to hold you in contempt. The interrogatories are standard discovery and happens in most civil cases. What you can do is run them off, and send them to the other party and make them answer them also. That sometimes helps to limit the amount they send to you. Sincerely, Steve
stevexo
stevexo, Family Law Attorney
stevexo
stevexo
stevexo, Family Law Attorney