How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Huband, Esq. Your Own Question
S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1628
Experience:  Experienced, and knowledgeable family law attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Huband, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a unemployed wife with 3 kids one is by my husband,the

Customer Question

I'm a unemployed wife with 3 kid's one is by my husband,the other 2 are from another husband told the leasing office where moving out in i have no money in no where to go.he plans to leave me in the children with no support at all.what can i do i only have into 4/1/13 we have been married for a year.from baltimore Md.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello! If you find my response helpful, please rate it positively so that I can receive credit for my work. Doing so will NOT cost you any additional fee.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. It is very understandable feeling stressed about having to move and support three children with no income!

I assume this means you believe your marriage is ending, at least temporarily? If so, you should see an attorney immediately and ask him or her to file for divorce and temporary financial support. Maryland, like other states, call this financial support "pendente lite" support. It is temporary support that your husband would be court ordered to pay pending divorce. This support could include alimony payments and child support as well. The court could also order your husband to pay your reasonable attorney's fees as well, if you are unable to pay them yourself.

I cannot determine from the facts you included whether or not your husband would be required to pay support for the two children from another relationship. If he has adopted them, or if he has been determined to be those children's legal father, then he would be required to pay support. Otherwise, the legal or biological father would be responsible for paying child support for these children.

You should seek out a competent family law attorney's advice immediately. That way, you can file for support as soon as possible and have it in place as quickly as possible to avoid a financial hardship for you and your children. If you do not know an attorney in your area, try the Maryland State Bar attorney referral service. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

If my response has been helpful, please take a brief moment to rate it positively so that I can receive credit for my work. Doing so will NOT cost you any additional fee.

I wish you the very best with this very stressful and difficult situation!