How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was divorced in 2004 i have 2 sons at the time of divorce

Customer Question

I was divorced in 2004 i have 2 sons at the time of divorce it was agreed between the 2 of us that there would be no child support. so the child support was held in abeyance. i gave her 50.00 a month and then 100.00 a month till 2009 at that time she said i did'nt need to pay her. From that point on if she needed money for the boys she called and i gave her the money. We split all non insurance medical bills. She makes about 110,000.00 a year and i"m retired with a job so my total income is 50,000.00 a year. The other day i received a notice saying she wants support for our 17yr old who will be 18 in july, my other son is 21. it is stated in the letter only for 2013.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 4 years ago.
Could you explain your situation a little more?
Did the divorce decree provide for court ordered child support?
What type of "agreeement" did you have that would say no support?
Is she only asking for support until your child turns 18?
Is she asking for any back child support since you have been divorced?

Related Family Law Questions