How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118282
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My license was revoked because of unpaid child support. How do I get it back?

Customer Question

My license was revoked because of unpaid child support. How do I get it back?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Have you paid up what you owe? How much do you owe in arrears? Have you made contact with the child support agency that issued the suspension?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I am working and they are taking out the child support. I owe a little under 10,000. Yes, they tell me I have to pay 600.00 up front to Child support. I don't have that in one lump sum, but I need my license to get back and forth to work.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
That is why I had to ask you those questions, because child support services will not budge I am afraid on license releases and the courts will not order a release unless some substantial down payment is made (actually they are low in your case, as usually they want about 10% of what is owed up front). Thus, I am afraid they will not release your license even on a restricted basis and the court will not order them to do so without you entering an agreement with them and making the lump sum good faith down payment on the arrears. Every time we go to court with these cases, the courts refuse to budge and we have even had them increase the garnishment amounts if they find they are not taking enough from your pay through garnishment and it really is tough on the paying parent, but the law and courts refuse to be nice or even compromise in child support cases.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted or the law does not help your situation, PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”