Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

HI LUCY HOW CAN I HAVE A HAIR PULLED FROM MOM TO BE DRUG

HI LUCY HOW CAN I HAVE...
HI LUCY

HOW CAN I HAVE A HAIR PULLED FROM MOM TO BE DRUG TESTED? I WANT TO USE FOR CUSTODY VISITATION TRIAL IN FAMILY COURT NEW YORK.

CAN ANY OTHER HOUSEHOLDMEMBERS BE LIKE TESTED?

THEY CAN ALSO PULL A HAIR FROM ME TO BE DRUG TESTED?

ALSO

CAN THE SAME BE DONE FOR ALCOHOL?
3/1/2013
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

You can file a Motion for drug testing. If you can establish reason to believe that the mother is likely doing drugs, the judge will order the test. It's usually in the best interests of the child to go that route. If the mother asks, they can test you as well. Alternatively, the judge may choose to order testing of both parents of his own accord. Since the judge's primary interest is finding out what is in the best interests of the child, he has discretion to order both parents to do a test.

THANK YOU.

I AM WILLING, I WAS PREVIOUSLY DRUG TESTED BY MY FORMER EMPLOYER TILL I RETIRED, AND I THINK IT IS A GOOD THING FOR ME TO BE DRUG TESTED TO ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.

HERE IS THE THING LUCY - HOW CAN I INSURE THAT THE TEST DONE WILL BE THE TEST WHERE THEY PULL THE HAIR?

? #1. IS THERE A WAY TO INSURE THAT?

MOM HAS ALWAYS SAID THAT THE NORMAL TESTING YOU ONLY HAVE TO BE CLEAN LIKE 30 DAYS OR SOMETHING- SO I DO NOT WANT THAT DRUG TEST, THE ONE THEY SIMPLY TEMPORARY CLEAN UP ENOUGH TO TEST CLEAN, THEN RIGHT BACK TO BUSINESS AS USUAL.

HERESAY HAS IT SHE IS DOING DRUGS.

You an always request a hair test, but it's up to the judge to require it. You can explain your reasoning and ask that the test be done immediately (to prevent her from using shampoos that help cleanse hair follicles). If you have people who have seen her doing drugs, you can bring them in to testify.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer