How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29985
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If someone had a guardian-conservator which was years son after

This answer was rated:

If someone had a guardian-conservator which was years son after wife was in that role for 17 years and then divorced him. Son agreed to give his mother $500.00 per month in alimony. Now this man is declared to be able to handle own finances. What does he need to do to stop alimony. Wife received large settlement and able to support self.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A person can file a Motion to Modify Alimony when there is a significant change in circumstances such that the spouse receiving support becomes self-supporting. This document has forms and instructions, which can be used to request either a reduction or a termination. It's designed for a person to file without a lawyer.

Please rate my service positively before signing out, as this is the only way that I get credit for the time I spend helping you. I hope that you are 100% satisfied - otherwise, please reply so we can continue the conversation. Good luck.
Lucy, Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you