How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Themis Your Own Question
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7751
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, child support, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lady Themis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person is working for the Attorney General office and

This answer was rated:

If a person is working for the Attorney General office and you are going through a divorce and you are using a mediator, can you legally use the Attorney’s in your office to change what the mediator put on the paperwork without the other party knowing about it?
Thank you for your question. What paperwork are you referring to? Do you mean the agreement that is signed by the parties?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, She changed the wording on the documents and her to be ex husband was not aware of the changes. Can she use her

position as a paralegal in the AG office to do this or is it a conflict of interest for the attorney’s in her office to do so.

An agreement signed by the parties may not be changed without both parties' consent. Doing so may even be considered fraudulent. If the agreement was submitted to the court like this, the husband can ask the court to vacate the order on these grounds. I'm not sure what the circumstances were behind the paralegal changing the wording or why she did so, but these actions may even get her fired from her position.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, That helps alot. Can this same person have a friend who works for the Office of Recovery Services be asigned to her ex-husbands case for the child support payments?


That would seem to be a conflict of interests, and my guess is that the Office of Recovery Services would not allow that per its internal rules.

Lady Themis and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions