Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Concerning full legal custody: Her lawyer told her he did

Concerning full legal custody: Her lawyer...
Concerning full legal custody:
Her lawyer told her he did not want to advise her how to answer on the stand to a question from the judge: "why should I grant you full legal custody" be cause some try to memorize and screw up their answer.

In your experience, what have been winning answers to this question?

In your experience, what have been loosing answers to this question?

What is the difference between "joint custody" and "full legal custody"?
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/2/2013
stevexo
stevexo, Family Law Attorney
31 years of family law litigation. Understanding of your concerns,and a good legal knowledge base. The winning answers are those that come from the heart, and are not supplied by someone else. I really mean this, judges have heard it all, if it is not an original from the heart answer, it will be very obvious. Why a judge would prefer one parent to another for custody would be, they have more time to spend with the child, a better support system. better living conditions, the child desires to be with me, lack of any past record, evidence of being good with children,. Loosing answers would be, I only want my child so I do not have to pay child support, etc. Here, just use your common sense. Joint custody is when the children are shared 50-50 by the parents. Full legal custody is that only one parent has the child and makes all of the parental decisions for the child. Hope this helped. Sincerely, Steve
stevexo
stevexo, Family Law Attorney
stevexo
stevexo
stevexo, Family Law Attorney