How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask stevexo Your Own Question
stevexo, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1000
Experience:  30 years helping those with Family legal needs
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
stevexo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to pay a Child Support and Child Custody Lawyer Consultant fees to provide ad

This answer was rated:

I would like to pay a Child Support and Child Custody Lawyer Consultant fees to provide advice now, via phone, on these issues.
31 years of family law litigation. Understanding of your concerns,and a good legal knowledge base. I am very sorry but we are not allowed to do phone consultations on this site. Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not after free stuff and I cannot type very fast. What is the additional information that you need from me? When do I rate you?

Is there a specific question you might have that I could answer for you? Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My grandaughter is almost 3-years old. Is my daughter required to allow visitation rights to the dead-beat dad? If so, can she dictate that the visitations occur at the dad's mother's (grandmother) house? He has not provided an address where he is taking her and it is not known who is at where she is being taken. My grandaughter has been returning from visits with the dad with insect bites all over her

Is there a court order in effect which specifies visitation? And if so what does it say? I would need to know that before I could provide a correct answer. Thanks, Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not think so. The presiding judge yesterday is different from the Judge that has been seeing my daughter and he asked yesterday why she is letting the dad have visiting rights. My daughter's lawyer responded that he "did not think the other judge whould have look favorably if my daugter had refused visiting rights"

Thank you! If there is no current order in place then she is not doing anything that she could get in legal trouble for. Contempt will not lie as there is no order that she is violating. My concern is that sooner or later he will file to see this child. The law is that visitation is not dependent on paying support, believe it or not. So even if he is a deadbeat Dad, legally he still has visitation rights, but until and if he moves to enforce them, she can continue to act as she currently is. She can also demand that visitation take place at the Grandmothers home, but until there is a court order in place as to this issue, he has no obligation to listen. Sincerely, Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you reference visitation rights. Now, concerning full legal custody:

Her lawyer told her he did not want to advise her how to answer on the stand to a question from the judge: "why should I grant you full legal custody" be cause some try to memorize and screw up their answer.


In your experience, what have been winning answers to this question?

In your experience, what have been loosing answers to this question?

What is the difference between "joint custody" and "full legal custody"?

Dear Customer, I believe I fully answered the question you asked. Under the guidelines here at justanswer,all questions are limited to the initial question asked, and a follow up if needed to clarify the original question. Each new question must be asked as a separate post and then we will be glad to answer. If you desire to post this new question, I would be glad to answer it for you. Sincerely, Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please post the new question

Dear Customer, You are the one that must post the new question. Experts are not the ones who post the questions. The Customer posts the question, and the expert answers it. If you post the new question I would be happy to answer it. Of course I would expect this question to be accepted before I continue to answer further questions. Sincerely, Steve
stevexo and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you