How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37796
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son girl friend has just given birth to her 3rd child, my

This answer was rated:

my son girl friend has just given birth to her 3rd child, my son's 2nd by her. her 1st child now 11 years old was given custody to her grandparents at the age of 3.Her 2nd daughter ,our grandchild was awarded custody to us ,she is now 2 years old.Because of her constant drug use, she was told by children services that she would not take this baby without our knowing, she gave birth to her 3rd daughter and placed her into an open adoption. we just found out the baby was born 10 days ago. we are wanting to have a DNA done asap, but we are getting the runaround by the adoptive parents and their case son would like to know if he is fatherand if he is ,he wants his 2nd daughter to be with her sister. my son can not financially care for his children. but we as grandparents can , and we want to. but first we need to have a dna test . what can we do if antthing to hurry this up.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
Has your son filed a paternity lawsuit against mother to be declared the biological father of the child?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Ok, then that will stop any adoption action until the paternity issue is resolved. If he is determined to be the biological father, then mother can't put the child up for adoption unless he agrees. So if the paternity suit is filed, there is no hurry now because nothing can happen until that issue is resolved.
But no, there is not anything that can be done to speed the process along as the courts have their own set schedule for hearings, ordering tests, reviewing results, and then making a formal determination of paternity.
However, one of the first things the court will do in the paternity case is order the father to undergo a DNA test to determine if he is the biological father. If he has been to court, then this is typically ordered at the first hearing.






Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.


If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.


I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Barrister and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you