How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters partner walked out on her and their three children

Customer Question

My daughters partner walked out on her and their three children about eight months ago. Since then he has continually refused to pay towards their upkeep. My daughter is now on income support. He has had access to the children but always wants my daughter to take them to him. Again paying nothing for transport etc. Whenever they meet he invariably ends up shoving her, my daughter is now worried that their next meeting will end up with arguing again and so she has told her ex partner that when he wants to see the children he can pick them up and return them to my house, which he is not happy about. My daughter is not refusing him access just asking him to pick them up and return them to me. Is this enforceable or can he demand his own terms.

My house is midway between my daughter and her ex partner and so should be an ideal point for drop off and pickup.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  stevexo replied 4 years ago.
31 years of family law litigation. Understanding of your concerns,and a good legal knowledge base. Hi I will be back with you shortly. Thanks, Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What further information do you need?

Expert:  stevexo replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I needed to send this to an attorney that handles UK law. Sincerely, Steve