How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe my ex husband paid child ordered child support I

Customer Question

I believe my ex husband paid child ordered child support I have not received, maybe due to my changing address not reported. This is over the course of the last ten years or so. I not have case#.
Submitted: 4 years ago via ChildSupportLaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Have you as yet spoken about this with your ex? Have you attempted to contact the child support agency directly to find out what records they have on file? When was the last time you received payments from them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My ex class he paid and had his tax refunds intercepted until 1995 or 96. I have not received any payment since about2001. I found that there is a case with Oregon department of land unclaimed properties and even got a claim Id number. But j had to print forms to have motorized and such and sent them to Salem, but I couldnt as I was kn my iPhone and have no printer. I call the number given to have forms sent but the person said the claim number and my name didn't go together, and that the money would b for the state. I was never on assistance. And why would they not have gotten the money and it's just setting there?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your follow-up, Stephanie.

What you were told is simply innacurate, if there are funds that were supposed to go to you, then you are entitled to them, not the state. I am assuming that you called the Oregon Child Support Program at(NNN) NNN-NNNNto obtain answers, if that was not the number, consider trying the number that I have provided. I would strongly suggest that you consider visiting them in person, so that you can obtain records directly and in-person and so that the local supervisors can do a full record check for this information. They would be the ones who would be able to tell you whether or not the information exists, and whether or not a balance is owed to you, which if it is, would permit you to update your records with them and demand a payout.

Here is a list of their locations, I would very strongly suggest you attempt to visit them as quickly as possible:

Good luck.