How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need all the information about filing for custody of my one

Customer Question

Need all the information about filing for custody of my one year old and my unborn
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions.

You can't file for custody of an unborn child.

Are you married?

Are you currently receiving child support

Where is the father
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I'm not marrried. NO, Im not currently getting child support and the father is in the state of Utah

Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.

Here is the place to start if you are going to try to do this yourself.


click on your county on the lower right for the times the self help center is open at your local court. Here is a link to a publication that you can print out for reference that explains the procedure in full detail. You need to print it out and spend a fair amount of time studying the procedure.



However, since he is out of state you really need the assistance of an attorney. Here is a referral site


You will have to have him personally served in the other state. Normally you would use a process server in the town where he lives so you can get a certificate of service to file with the court


You can get the child support started by contacting child support services at


That is probably the best place to start and it will usually get your support started quicker.

Related Family Law Questions