lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
15417118

I am preparing a will for my son. I do not want him to pay

I am preparing a will for my son. I do not want him to pay taxes inorder to get what I leave behind for him. how can I accomplish this?
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

Does your estate that you will be leaving him exceed 1 million?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No it should be around 1million or little less anywhere between 0.7 mil to 1 million

If it is less than 1 million there should be no state or Federal estate or inheritance taxes. The tax laws are somewhat in limbo right now but it appears that if your estate is less than one million then you don't have to be concerned about estate or inheritance taxes on the state or Federal level. Of course you may want to put him on your accounts as payable on death in order to avoid probate.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks

You are most welcome