Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

I want to give up my parental rights we were divorced in trxas

Customer Question

I want to give up my parental rights we were divorced in trxas that is where they still live i live in binghamton new york if i still have to pay support still so be it the child won't talk to me she won't answer my text either i have not talked to het in two an a half years the child said she wants to change her name and she don't ever want to talk to me again she is thirteen years olf
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry about your unfortunate situation.

Basically, you would have to file a Petition to Voluntarily Terminate Parental rights in the court where child support was established.

Unfortunately, even if the court grants your petition to terminate parental rights, you would still have to pay child support to the mother of the child, until the child becomes an adult, gets legally adopted or legally emancipated.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Dear Andrew,

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?