AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
66829710

Ammended Order to Show Cause and Affidavit for Contempt Question:

Ammended Order to Show Cause and Affidavit for Contempt
Question: Do I have to hire a process server to serve this or can I use a proof of service by mail

AttyCBradford :

What are you amending in the paperwork? And has the original hearing been held?

Customer:

Hi. I am available to chat

AttyCBradford :

Hello!

Customer:

hi

AttyCBradford :

What did you amend in the paperwork

AttyCBradford :

and has the other party already been served?

Customer:

I filed an OTC for contempt and we had one court date. jan 10. judge appointed other party counsel and rescheduled it for 1-31. my original contempt motion had no backup data to the items. I just wrote count 1. party breached order for action A. count 2. same. and so on. I wanted to create an ammended contempt motion to include the backup data ie: emails that show

Customer:

I did not amend any item yet. other party was served on original contempt motion

Customer:

I was going to amend fl-410

AttyCBradford :

If there already was a court date and the other party has counsel, then you would need to serve it by mail on the other party's counsel

Customer:

ok. thanks. is it best to add exhibits such as emails in a contempt filing or can the backup email data be presented during court?

AttyCBradford :

Best to add it in the motion as exhibits :)

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all your questions then please press accept and provide positive feedback, so I receive credit for my work. If not and you have additional questions please ask, and I will respond promptly. Please note: this is a PAID ANSWERING service, once your question has been answered, press accept. This conversation does not constitute an attorney-client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Lastly, sometimes it may take a moment to respond as I work with several customers at a time. Thank you and best of luck.

Customer:

thanks. bye.