Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

How do I get my pension to provide(release) me the information

as to whether my ex-spouse...
How do I get my pension to provide(release) me the information as to whether
my ex-spouse have started taking there half of the pension as stated in the quadro which
upon her taking it release my garments of my music residuals?

How do I then get garments removed once if I have proof of her taking pension?
1/12/2013
AttyCBradford

AttyCBradford :

You can request it in writing. If she refuses you could file a motion with the court. Is she garnish your music residuals? If so, you would need to file a motion to stop the garnish

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

When you say she is that the ex or do I file a motion for the pension to release that

Customer:

informatiom

Customer:

what type of motion?

AttyCBradford :

I would first start with your ex. If she won't provide the information I would then request it from the pension, if not you would need to file a motion to compel

Customer:

no she would not provide she has actually called and said I was dead trying to take all my pension.

Customer:

I Have verbally requested from pension they declined.

Customer:

How much does a motion cost?

AttyCBradford :

Oh wow! If it is your pension they should release the information to you. You have every right to know, as it is your pension. The other tool available would be to ask about her income and she would have to declare it as income

Customer:

They said that it is she separate participant at this point.

Customer:

Can you give referral for lawyer

AttyCBradford :

Yes essentially she does become a separate participant but she cannot draw on it until you retire generally . Have you retired

Customer:

I have retired

AttyCBradford :

I cannot refer a specific lawyer as that is against this website's policy but let me find a general link of lawyers for you

AttyCBradford :

you can use this website to find a local attorney

AttyCBradford :

http://www.lawyers.com/

AttyCBradford :

if you have retired then she is receiving her portion

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

not sure loop hole in divorce did not require her to immediately take to release garnishments. My lawyers messed up.

Customer:

but quadro stated upon her taking pension it releases garnishment

AttyCBradford :

I am not sure without seeing the language in your QDRO i would advise finding a local attorney and having them review the QDRO and see if there is a means to contest it now

Customer:

and any support, she got 22 yr old child unamminicapated

Customer:

Thanks

AttyCBradford :

you are welcome please don't forget to accept and provide positive feedback

AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer