AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
66829710

My husband is retired from the military and he is paying his

My husband is retired from the military and he is paying his ex-wife half of his retirement. I am considering a divorce from him and would like to know what I would be entitled since his first wife is getting half of his retirement. I am on disability and could not live on that income.

AttyCBradford :

His ex spouse is only getting half of the portion of his pension that was acquired during the marriage. You would be entitled to have of his pension that was acquired during yours and his marriage.

AttyCBradford :

You would also be entitled to alimony

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all your questions then please press accept and provide positive feedback, so I receive credit for my work. If not and you have additional questions please ask, and I will respond promptly. Please note: this is a PAID ANSWERING service, once your question has been answered, press accept. This conversation does not constitute an attorney-client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Lastly, sometimes it may take a moment to respond as I work with several customers at a time. Thank you and best of luck.