How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27605
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife left me last week. The only reason she gave me is that

This answer was rated:

My wife left me last week. The only reason she gave me is that she has been unhappy for a long time. I want to seek concealing. I was to change. I want to save our marriage, but she is trying to rush the process. She says she doesn't want to involve lawyers. What can the law do to help me win her back?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear about your situation and certainly understand what you are going through. In Indiana, a dissolution of marriage shall be decreed upon a finding by a court that there is a irretrievable breakdown of the marriage. As such, if she is able to testify and show that she has been unhappy for a long time and there is no chance of reconciliation, the Judge is going to grant the divorce. A court can not force a party to stay married to their spouse, so she does have a legal right to proceed. In an ideal situation, you would be able to ask her to give you time and attempt to go to couples counseling, to try and work things out. This may be something that needs to be worked on together, not just by yourself. If she will not agree and does file, you can always ask/suggest to the Judge and see if he/she would consider sending the parties to counseling to try and save the marriage but if she is unwilling to cooperate, can not be forced. I know you said that she does not want to involve lawyers, so you could suggest that if she just gives you a chance to change and fix this and things do not work out, you will agree to proceed with the divorce and no contest it.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
FamilyAnswer and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions