Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

My 17 year old son passed away last month in an apprent suicide.

My 17 year old son passed away last month in an apprent suicide. In the State of AZ all ME reports are public record. We would like to perserve his dignatie and our protect our younger daughter form these records becoming public knowledge. It is really a family matter.
Can I get this permanatly "sealed' after we recieve our copy ?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
I am very sorry for your loss and understand what you are going through due to my personal experience with a similar situation. Unfortunately, although some states like CA allow for sealing of autopsy records, a judge in AZ doesn't have the power to seal records that are deemed public through state law.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

.