How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I still pay a debt and avoid going to small claims court

This answer was rated:

Can I still pay a debt and avoid going to small claims court if I received a verified motion for proceeding supplemental?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Yes, you can avoid going to court IF you can settle with your creditor before the court date. If you can do this, you should get any agreement in writing, so that will be proof that you settled and leaves no need to go to court.

If you can't work out a deal, then you'd end up back in court.
Roger and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you