How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Re: Child Support - father never missed one payment, but ex-wife

This answer was rated:

Re: Child Support - father never missed one payment, but ex-wife took him to court seeking increase in alimony payments. But, by mistake, went to child support hearing. Judge asked if father ever missed a child support payment - answer = no. Judge told ex-wife she was in the wrong court and dismissed case because of ex-wife's error. However, when does father's name get expunged from record????

Hello and welcome.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. First, I have some questions for you so I can determine what information to provide you.

What list does the father wish for his name to be removed? The court records in the case that was dismissed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

"Deadbeat Dad" list, I was told. Contacted Domestic Relations group in Delaware County, and was told they never put a list on the internet, but only monthly with new names added in the local newspaper. On applying for a new job few weeks ago, PR mentioned this as a problem for me, even though I told them it was an error and immediately dismissed by the judge. So it is definitely on a list, but which one, I don't know.

I see. Thank you for the additional information, Mark.

I would contact HR again and find out what company or entity is publishing this information about you as it could be considered defamatory if you inform them that you are not late on child support and they do not remove you from the list.

Once you determine who is publishing this information, I would typically send a letter to them by certified mail, attaching a copy of the dismissal of the case and any other proof you have indicating you are current on support and demand that they immediately remove you from the list or face potential legal action for defamation and possibly other claims.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you.

It has been my pleasure to assist you. Kindly remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested. If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain your concern to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to you or not, so please don’t shoot the messenger. Thank you and all the best to you in 2013.


Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Tina and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions