How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9968
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you please give me the formula for a downward deviation

Resolved Question:

Can you please give me the formula for a downward deviation in child support? I currently pay approximately 20% of my income in a 50/50 parenting arrangement for one child. I also pay all the health premiums.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 4 years ago.
Evening. The statute that pertains to this is 750 ICLS 5/505 a.1.Your state has alot of specific case law,.beginning with the Garrett case of thirteen years ago amd goimg from there. If you can give me more specifics as to downward modification issues I can better address this issue. Of course,.i.have to keep my information general so please keep that in mind when you respond...along with the fact this is a public forum. I wil check back with you tomorrow.I am thinking ypu should reference the DuPage county bar association as they have an informative article on this.It is volume 16 of 2003/2004. As ypu will see,.there are factors considered but nothing statutorily set in stone so to speak...again I will check in tomorrow.
LegalGems and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  LegalGems replied 4 years ago.
Please let me know if you have any more questions on support.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 4 years ago.
Cathleen, just checking in to see if you had any other questions regarding your family law case. I also am an expert in consumer protection and estate law. Please request me by typing LEGALGEMS in the title. I look forward to hearing from you.
Take care.

Related Family Law Questions