How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

One more question. As our daughter lives with us now with

This answer was rated:

One more question. As our daughter lives with us now with everyone's consent, we would like to make it official. I am now filling out Supplemental Petition to modify parenting plan, do i need to attach a new comprehensive parenting plan or can I just modify the existing parenting plan and list only the changes (like an addendum to the plan that is in effect right now, and call it modified parenting plan or something like that. (we only changing our daughter's new address, no change of child support modification requested, as she is almost out of the house and worth the hassle) Last time we had modified parental plan drafted, it costed us $3,000 so we would like to just take the simple way to record her new residence for school purposes and such. Thanks Lucy.
I am a Florida family law attorney and I'd be happy to help. Quick question before proceeding though....As you have the consent of the other parent, why are you filing a supplemental petition? Are you wanting to modify something else? Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, just making the move official. is there a simple way that both parties can just sing and file?

If you both are in agreement as to the modification, you don't need to go through the hassle of filing the petition. Instead, you could draft a stipulated modification to the final judgment. The document would detail what is being changed and how it is being changed. It would also state that any conditions in the final judgment that are not being specifically modified in the new document would remain in full force and effect.


At the end of the document, both you and the other parent would sign off on it. It would then be sent to the judge for his signature as well. Once signed by the judge, it is then a court order, binding upon you both.


You might check with your local clerk of court, many clerks keep template documents for just this purpose. Alternatively, you could probably find a local family law attorney to draft everything for you for a relatively nominal fee.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you