How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dkennedy Your Own Question
dkennedy, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6009
Experience:  JD Degree, Social Service Experience, Child Support Officer
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
dkennedy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son needs help. Michael and Sara have been together for

This answer was rated:

My son needs help. Michael and Sara have been together for 3 years. They had a daughter 2 years ago. He has solely supported Sara and Chloe (his daughter) 100% the entire time. She has not worked and has no desire to work. Sara was charged with assault on Michael (my son) 8 weeks ago and also drug para... Her no CONTACT ORDER was lifted 1 week ago she saw Chloe last weekend and expressed to Michael she does not know when she can or will see her again. He has had consults with lawyers but cannot afford their retainer fee. Michaels home town is St.Paul mn he was recentley relocated from Madison Wi to Onalaska WI. He found daycare during the week but is in retail and has to work the weekends. Michael has been driving his daughter here to Oakdale mn on the weekends so we can take care of her. Have heard of Mens Advocate help? Please give your advise

dkennedy :


dkennedy :

Thanks for coming to Just Answer. What, exactly, is your son looking for? Help with custody, or another legal situation regarding his daughter?


help with custody

Thanks for that info. It says I answered, but that is just a glitch. I will look into some men's support organizations and get back to you. I know that have groups such as "Empowering Dads" but I don't know off hand if any offer financial support. Let me see what I can find. It may take a little while.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
i need some kind of answer

Your son lives in MN, so I found this group which gives assistance, including the assistance of some attorneys.

Here are more sites:

For the most part, there are fathers' support groups, but not a lot of ways to get free legal help. He should look into one or more of these groups and talk to some members to find out if they have recommendations for him. Getting legal help is quite important in custody matters.

dkennedy and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you