How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10484
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my sons on va medicaid . I haev him on my insurranece at my

This answer was rated:

my sons on va medicaid . I haev him on my insurranece at my job at 315.00 a month,,,,,, do i get thsi credit in child support calculation
Evening. This would be something you would bring up to the judge; insurance premiums for children are called "add -ons", and often times each parent pays 50% of this amount, so the paying parent requests the non-paying parent to pay them their 50% portion, or the judge deducts that from the CS award. If your son is on medicaid though, the judge may say additional insurance is not necessary and may decide that if you choose to keep it you will be responsible for the full amount. Alternatively, the judge may have the parents inform medicaid of the availability of this insurance, and your son may be removed from medicaid.
LegalGems and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you