How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

thier is a woman that does not want her child and she wants

Customer Question

thier is a woman that does not want her child and she wants to sign it over to my husband and I so does ht mean I can raise it up as mine and take it to dotors and all of the legal stuff or what can I do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 4 years ago.

Hello Crissy,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney. Glad to try and help out.

Sure sorry for the circumstances, truly. My heart goes out to you folks.

I commend you for wanting to help out. However, there is never, ever any "signing over" of child custody, despite some common misunderstandings. Rather, that decision is always and only left to the discretion of the Court. If you folks want to proceed with your plans, you need to schedule a consultation with a local family law attorney to file your case.

I am sorry.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.

I hope all works out and wish y'all a very happy new year!

Take care,

Ben, J.D.