How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters father, non-custodial parent is gay and is moving

This answer was rated:

My daughters father, non-custodial parent is gay and is moving in with his partner. What kind of restrictions can I put on his visitation legally? I live in Hawaii

AttyCBradford :

Is the sole basis for asking for the restrictions due to his sexuality?

AttyCBradford :

If that's the case you will have a hard time explaining this in court. HOWEVER, you could argue that you don't think he should have custody while he is living with someone (if the relationship is fairly new) how old is your daughter?


She is 8. The relationship is not new almost two years now, but my daughter does not know and we are planning to tell her next week. Move in date is January 1

AttyCBradford :

If your daughter doesn't know then that would be grounds. Why hasn't he told her? I would be cautious of having her instantly plummeted into that environment. You might move for gradual visitations over time. Once your daughter adjusts to the change then she can go and have overnights at their house. This will be a tough situation for her to deal with.

AttyCBradford :

If i have answered all your questions please accept the answer and provide positive feedback otherwise please ask additional questions and I will respond.

AttyCBradford and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you