How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to serve and file a settlement conference brief today.

This answer was rated:

I have to serve and file a settlement conference brief today. I have served the other party, however I realize that I need to amend the document. I have not yet filed it with the court. Can I amend the document, reserve and then file, or do I need the other party's permission? Today is the day it is due to be filed and served.

AttyCBradford :

Yes, you can! I would just indicate that it is amended. But generally you do NOT serve your settlement brief on the opposing counsel. What state are you in


This is Ontario Canada

AttyCBradford and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you